Saturday 9 February 2013

Getting rid of the blues

I wake up feeling like a great big blob and in a bad mood. It's 9am and a Saturday. Normally I would get out of bed and start doing things. Tidying, making breakfast planning where I was going to do and who I was going to meet. Today I lie there like some creature that has washed up on the beach and is able to move sufficiently fast enough to drag itself back in the water.

There are only two cures for this state of lethargy which are go back to sleep or reluctantly move my legs until they are hanging over the edge of the bed and my two feet make contact with the floor. Slowly I get dressed now realising that the tips that once covered my expanding belly are now leaving an unsightly gap at the bottom. I have breakfast, sit in front of the tv and then give up and go back to my bed.

The lesson here - if you are pregnant and tired don't bother to fight it. You aren't going to win and it won't be forever. If you are used to being super active accept that for a short period in your life you are going to be lazy. It probably grates against everything you've ever read in terms of making the most of the time you have but if your body says rest you just have to deal with. I have to remember its not forever and hopefully I will have another day tomorrow when I feel better. The willpower I have to muster today is to ignore all the crap in front of me that makes me feel like a prime candidate for a hoarder programme!

No comments:

Post a Comment